View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natehale1971 View Post
But most of my teams that i've ran (and ran with), have completely field stripped the 'disposable' Boltholes of EVERYTHING (even the things bolted down) and loaded them up on the vehicles.

They'd also use the disposable bolthole as a central rally point with spare gear for emergencies. It's why we came up with the idea of the Project Emergency Shelters for the teams. Of course... One of the teams had turned the Bolthole into a HOME.

No, I'm not kidding...

They did it because the chose to keep the cyrotubes for major medical emergencies (ie, someone hurt so bad that they didn't think they had the ability to save them, they'd put them in the cryotube so that when the Health & Medical Teams were activated they could be transferred to them). And the things in the bolthole that they set up, was for when the tubes were active to have someone watching over them. Of course, the place was set up to be VERY nice. A couple of feather beds, bookshelves, and other things as well.

It's what gave us the idea that it was just wasteful to have boltholes being a one time only deal. We made them modular with various levels of use.
Hmmmm, there are some good points to the argument. I can even see a team being assigned a home base coupled with a supply annex or two. So if we go with a home base, the next logical question is what level of supply would be co-located? I would suggest enough to allow the team a safety margin of one year. Time to get the crops planted, etc.etc.etc.

Down side, of course, is that the team gets tied down to one location.

One could even say that for Recon teams, they get the disposable bolthole, since their mission is to get out and interact with the locals. A power generation team would be assigned a modular base, since they are going to be somewhat more static.