View Single Post
Old 04-22-2020, 11:17 AM
A bad tomato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper View Post
Some ideas for Finland.

Rovaniemi Airport is public airport and it’s also airbase for Lapland Air Command. In the air base area, there is also Army Air Defense Regiment.
There is also saying that “Finland is an island”. You can find harbors in small towns and its quite common that even factories and mines have their own harbors. Nuking Turku harbor won’t hurt logistics because next harbor is in Naantali (15 kilometers from Turku).

Probably NATO would like to destroy Kemi (two harbors) and Oulu (no less than four harbors). During cold war there were fears that Soviet Union could use those harbors to invade Sweden.
Thank you for the information. Yea, in my current draft I have soviets nuking Oulu. After that they during the conventional part of the war bombed it to deny Finland ease of reinforcement to hamper their ability to harass them on the flank as the soviets push towards Norway through Sweden and Finland.

Currently I had NATO nuking one of the major harbors on Gotland to deny that to the russians, but Kemi is a good candidate.

Also, since you seem to have a little more info on Finland. I am thinking about having three "Marauder Kings" in the greater Lapland area. They would be in Kiruna, Haparanda and Rovaniemi. Atleast the "king" in Kiruna would be from the Soviets, as the majority of his men.