Thread: Twilight Spain
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2020, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olefin View Post
Given the situation in southern Germany when the Italians suddenly invaded that would be the most likely time for them to be used. Have a mountain division slow down the Italians until the Germans and Dutch can redeploy but take heavy casualties in the process involves them in the war but not in a way that changes the overall canon.

I.e. the Spanish sent the division then after the Italians were stopped the survivors were pulled back to Spain. Spain gets hit in the nuclear exchange as detailed and after that the Spanish military is too busy at home especially after the Basques and Catalonians begin to rebel against the central government.

A very small change in the canon which has them involved in the general war but then unable to help further as Spain deteriorates into yet another civil war and what they have stays in Spain.

Adds some new info to the overall T2K story but in a way that doesnt change the canon in any way except to show how Spain might have been involved more than just sitting it out - which is basically not going to happen as I said. They fought too hard to get into NATO to sit out the war and do nothing.
Generally, I like that approach to why they are not directly involved towards the end better than them just dropping out.