View Single Post
Old 11-16-2020, 05:58 PM
Registered Registrant

I was never really taken with the unconnected episodic nature of many of the published adventures. That is to say, the idea that you started a completely new team unconnected to previous adventures.
That was not something I really wanted to force players to do, making new characters every time we were going to do a new adventure so the idea of the traditional bolt-hole was not particularly satisfying to me either.

If I could convince enough people in my little part of the world, to play a TMP campaign, I'd want to have the bolt-hole usable as a somewhat safe, shorty-term base camp that they can be (relatively) secure in while they figure out what the hell is going on in the outside world.
I think even with the aim that they were only supposed to be in stasis for a few years until the war was well and truly over, the concept of the bolt-hole as a short-term base is still valid.
You want information about the "new world" you have just woken up to, having a secure fall-back position can make the task a little safer compared to constantly roving around and camping out each night.