View Single Post
Old 05-01-2021, 01:08 PM
This Sourcebook Kills Fascists

I'd like to thank forum member James Langham for his YouTube review of The Pacific Northwest. As I don't make a habit of monitoring YouTube comment threads, I'll use this thread to respond to some of the points he raised.

I've already addressed the lack of maps upthread, so I'll apologize again and move on.

I appreciate the appreciation for Vasily Ignatiev. He and Maxim Melnik were by far my favorite NPCs to write, and I think Vasily is easily translatable into any other theatre of the war in which Soviet Category C formations fought.

I expected someone to pick up on the lack of NPC portraits, and I do apologize for that too. I chose to omit them because of the difficulty in finding a royalty-free collection of appropriate images. I tinkered with individual portraits from different but found that, without a consistent scale and style, the effect was too disjointed (a problem from which I think the vehicle pages suffer as well).

With regards to the question raised by one of the YouTube commenters: I believe the only vehicle in Pacific Northwest that was previously published was the ATV, which appeared in Challenge #47 with v2.0 stats. Its inclusion was a request from a friend who passed away during the book's production. To the best of my knowledge, everything else appears with game stats for the first time in quasi-official publication.

- C.

Author of The Pacific Northwest, coauthor of Tara Romaneasca, creator of several other free Twilight: 2000 and Twilight: 2013 resources, and curator of an intermittent gaming blog.

It rarely takes more than a page to recognize that you're in the presence of someone who can write, but it only takes a sentence to know you're dealing with someone who can't.
- Josh Olson