View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b
We did that in Korea when I was in G3 and the DTAC was in the field in all its glory. It was a simple wooden box with a hole cut in it and a toilet seat attached. You dig a cathole under it, put the box over it, do your thing, then cover the cathole. A canvas privacy screen was erected around it. Of course, if Kim Jong-Il actually had decided to cross the border, it would have been left behind, along with a ton of other junk...assuming we got out of Casey alive...

We always assumed that if there was an invasion, there would be no alert siren as such. The "alert siren" would consist of the explosions of 122mm rockets impacting on post!
My son was in an MLRS unit in Korea. Their FIRST firing position was the motor pool. Seoul is what.. a minutes flight from the Z??

I was luckier, I was down 60 k north of Kunsan on the Yellow Sea.

But back to topic, the Korean toilet at that time was a tank with wooden lid. The lid had a banjo shaped hole in it where you squated over the hole. "gotta go to the banjo". It was collected periodically and they used it in the rice paddies.. same in all of the far east.

Grae