View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 02:40 PM

Default 10-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMDeCorba View Post
I really enjoy our long-running campaign, but I've often wished for a bit more "sachlichkeit" from my co-players, sometimes from myself. (Rolf, if you're reading this, I adore the dust whirled up by your stylish boots- but you know what I'm talking about.)
roger that - but remember you guys have weirdness on your side ,and I can only put up a defense for so long until my dryness crumbles.

As for rations - when the party where at the head of the table so to speak they had access to the produce of their underlings/subjects- they dined on all sorts ,wines,shell fish,quail, venison ,beef etc -all thoroughly checked by radiation meters etc and tasted by the food tasters of course.

ordinary personnel had only vague memories of such feats ,but as long as things were going good they had adequate nutritions from beans,spuds,some veggies,some bread and the occasional piece of meat or fish.

All this is now gone of course.

the long standing military staple in our campaign has been :

daily rations : flour ,salt, oil + a slab of fish,cold cuts ,meats or veggies on and off .Local produce ,the most accessible foodstuff predominant in the region in the ration bags

field rations : freeze dried vegetabilic compound with lard and seasoning.add hot or cold water as pr taste .( Its pretty much a salty mulch anyways) - produced at central facilities/factories from the harvests etc .More costly due to longevity and weight to kcal ratio

Developments have been made though -
even though things are as grim as I could possibly paint it the party has members that are getting into livestock and food produce-

landshrimp

algae vats

fungii

edibles that can be grown and harvested inside .