Thread: Oil in T2k
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2020, 09:40 PM

This. And your typical "roughneck" is basically a "jack-of-all-trades" being able to Weld, do Carpentry, Electrical, Mechanical, and Hydraulic work. I have witnessed this first-hand hauling pipe to the oilfields in the Allegheny National Forest.

yes whole drilling crews usually have a wide range of skills and tricks of the trade to fix equipment and problems in the field as we rarely get the luxury of a shop day in the middle of a busy season. Ive frozen myself many times fixing broken parts in the field, or nursing a generator along with a leaky oil pan all night to keep from freezing, cold weather an prolong use is tough on equipment.

Im interested in that area as I have a group going into that region and it looks like there is a lot of battery operations in northern Pennsylvania right near a refinery in Bradford. I've also seen a lot of what looks like oil and gas services (storage tanks, equipment , facility's, manufacturing, service rigs, drilling rigs, wireline etc... ) I know in Alberta there is general oil and gas service companies all over the province.