View Single Post
Old 08-27-2020, 09:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legbreaker View Post
Revision? Not at all. It's a totally new background that only shares a few small points. Reboot probably is a good word to use. That's always a good idea for movies and television, looking at the past with modern eyes always works right?
Sometimes it does - Battlestar Galactica comes to mind immediately or the reboot Star Trek initial movie - but I have also seen that work very badly indeed - i.e. what they did to Khan in the second movie

and yes you are right - its a reboot - and actually its on a par with the Battlestar Galactica reboot as far as the changes if you think about it - so the question is will the fans love it once its out there (remember there was one hell of a lot of resistance to the BSG reboot when it was announced - i.e. equate the no 2300AD tie in to BSG making Starbuck a female) or will they win over new converts but at the cost of turning off the old fanbase

Getting Frank Frey involved helps a lot - got me if they can get others to sign on too from "classic T2K' - I know that I would love to write for it - and frankly as I have said Raellus's Rooks Gambit just screams lets rewrite it for V4

Last edited by Olefin; 08-27-2020 at 10:05 AM.