Thread: Lists
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2016, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicfish View Post
Valid points. I would say that they would be initially equipped with raw material and would supplement it with material salvaged from ruined cities - I would imagine them having their own smelter, for example. As to the location, the same is true of everything in the Project. The initial positions will be inconvenient for the pre-war population and are a roll of the dice for the post-war population. But I am not envisioning huge factories churning out mass quantities of items, but rather small factories churning out Project replacement parts and the parts needed for non-Project factories to get started. Trips back and forth would not be tremendously frequent, and with the Project in full swing should not be either onerous or unreasonable.
Using salvaged materials 5 years after WWIII could be a problem as they will most likely be radioactive, but I guess that would really depend on which version of the game 3rd or 4th.

But this does seem to be a big missed thing in all versions of the game. They seem to be planning for 5 years but actually thinking 150 years when writing. 5 years on most things will be radioactive, materials, vehicles, soil, etc.

Delta Base in R-005 Starnaman Incident is to have most things that would be required by the project in that area, so I'm not thinking they will be making things they need to replace stuff in the project. Definitely making parts for machinery that is currently not working, to help the locals get going for sure.