Thread: Lists
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2016, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt W View Post
It all depends what you're designing the Project FOR. If it wants to quickly rebuild a large area (rather than "survive" at Prime Base and expand in a generation or two) then you need more aircraft and possibly more boats/ships.

IMHO, the value of aircraft seems completely underestimated in Project planning. It's a bad idea to look for survivors by wandering around on the ground. It would seem far more efficient to have Recon overflights and then direct the Recon teams towards areas that appear to have some sort of functional government (and away from areas that glow in the dark).

There should be more airbases. Nothing huge. A couple of Shorts Skyvans, a few "utility" light planes and some helicopters would be adequate for each Region. If the Project needs to transport something bigger, they could use the C-130 at Prime Base

IMHO, the value of an expert is greatly enhanced if you can QUICKLY transport him/her to the area needed. Flying for a few hours is better than driving for a few days

We have a supply base at Isle Royale. Which is a nice idea. BUT...Where are the ships? And where are they going to dock and unload?

There should be teams that can set up Ports (inland or coastal)
I agree wholeheartedly.

I break down the structure of the Project (roughly) as follows: 1 National command, with 7 Regional commands, each with 6 Area commands, each with 5 Groups. Groups are mobile, with no fixed facilities, Areas and up have permanent bases. I have already allotted a sea base to each Region (no National sea base) and permanent air bases at the Region and National levels.