View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 10:20 AM

It definitely works as an essay. Not to mention, some word about the mental state of the Army at this point. The survivors of the first two years of the war are going to be on the ragged edge, to put it mildly. I can see all sorts of problems with that, suicide, drug and alcohol abuse and other behavior one finds with troops in action for far too long.

Now, put into the mix a bunch of barely trained replacements who are scared, far from home and have NO idea what to do. Your MP detachments are going to be busy. I could see the size of these units increasing somewhat. Punishments are going to need to get creative...I wonder if a return to some Civil War methods might return, as the threat of sanctions under UCMJ aren't going to have the same force they used to have.

Another interesting idea, developing the DIY idea to it's logical extent. The cantonments aren't just going to have farms or cottage industries, but factories (in the 2000 sense of the term) making everything from primers for reloads, to new bicycles...how one's going to get rubber for tires and boots is going to be interesting....

"Red Star, Burning Streets" by Cavalier Books, 2020

https://epochxp.tumblr.com/ - EpochXperience - Contributing Blogger since October 2020. (A Division of SJR Consulting).