View Single Post
Old 02-18-2020, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WussyDan View Post
Since ya'll are being very accommodating, I'm going to continue being dense, sorry.
Only unasked questions are stupid.
Quote:
Regarding the number of shots being fired per round, don't pump actions limit the number of shots/round to three?
Correct.
Quote:
This may have something to do with my unfamiliarity with ballistics, but for Paul's rules, if I'm following correctly, most times the light shot loading (d6x16) is going to do more damage at short range than the heavier load (2d6x4). Is this intentional? Average-ish damage is 48 and 24, respectively, for all pellets hitting one target.
Yes, that would be about right. You've got a lot more projectiles hitting with the lighter shot. Even if they're all only inflicting paper cuts they're going to add up.
Also need to remember that even the lightest of cover or body armour is going to stop them (except for potential blunt trauma). My usual load when hunting with a shotgun is 4 shot - a medium sort of load in my opinion (others may well disagree). The damage I've seen that do to flesh at near point blank range is mind blowing. 00 or even solid slugs up close in my experience don't inflict such a devastating wound (still VERY nasty though), but certainly increase the effective range and retain hitting power further away than the lighter loads.

Nothing happens in isolation - it's called "the butterfly effect"

Mors ante pudorem