View Single Post
Old 09-03-2015, 05:33 PM

Default Backup Prime

I played one game in which there was a backup to Prime. It was located in south east Kansas, the entrance was disguised as a corn silo.

The PB2 we encountered was un-manned. It was physically the same size as the PB of canon. There were automatic weapons at the entrance.

The PB2 we found had all of the supplies, workshops, etc. We found it by good luck.

As I recall what happened, our team received a distress call from a Frozen Watch team. Their bolt hole had had a catastrophic failure, most of the members got out. (Some did not.) Of course, they have no vehicles, or backpacks. Some had side arms only. The TL was able to grab a portable radio system. *I do not have my 3rd or 4th gen rule book at hand. I do not know or remember the exact nomenclature.*

The TL went to the top of a near by hill to broadcast for help. Our RO heard them, and we vectored to them.

What we learned was that the FW leader was "An ace in the hole". A member of Morrow Command with high enough rank to know where PB2 was. She was placed in with the FW as a fail-safe. She was NOT field command, so she slotted into our unit as a VERY useful information source.

Once we got IN to PB2, something happened that scared the snot out of us. As best our team medic could figure, post hypnotic suggestions. Some of the FW were designed as part of the backups to the operators of PB2.

It was JUST enough to get PB2 up and running. Enough to find others who were qualified to work in PB.

When the game ended, our little Recon Team was running patrol about 50 klicks from PB. Kind of a tripwire if something bad came our way. But we had a home. We now knew what had happened. We were The Morrow Project again.

BTW, in OUR PB, there was NO PHOENIX TEAM!!!!! (I really do NOT like Phoenix!!! Just saying.)

Game was a LOT of fun. It lasted about 1 1/2 years game time.

my $0.02

Mike