Thread: North Carolina
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2015, 07:53 AM

Have an IC update.

Hit cannopolis. Orca snuck up, blew a hole in the charges so we could get around the pit, then we just hammered straight in. No losses, lot of kills. Half pound of gold to our credit. Found a map and an old 1911 in a safe, got some radios from a mine outside town. Not much, but everything helps.

Heading into Lexington. Met a post courier on the way. Seems they’ve got it more or less intact. City’s a big place, got a chemical plant and they’re making their own ammo. Got a job to clear High point of raiders, about twenty or so. Picked up a few mercs to get some bodies in the line of fire. Have a week before they let us see the mayor. Convention and such. Give me some time to get words in order.

Leo was high when I got back, mumbling about robbing the chemical plant or some such. Glad we’re not driving today. If we don’t get in contact with command...not really sure what we’ll do.

We killed the raiders. Walked right into an ambush, got one of the mercs killed and the other two put in the hospital. Killed all the fuckers though. Blood for blood. Found some good loot, gold and guns. Big thing was a letter of marque in the chief’s pockets. Commissoned and authorized by the Kentucky Freehold.

First stage of an invasion. Disrupt the trade and get the people upset, then come in and remove the threat yourself. Makes you look like the good guys. Especially once you start rebuilding the infrastructure they destroyed. That point, you’re in charge and they just don’t know it yet.

Going to be quite the yelling match once we get back.

~~~~~~~

Handed the letter over to the sheriff. He was less than happy about the implications. Walked in with him as he presented it to the convention. Got thumbed as a witness for later, seeing as I found the damn thing.

Going to spring the big news then. Had to do it some point, might as well get the full dramatic effect. Have to wear a suit for it. Fucking dammit.

They reacted. . .well. Actually believed me, which was good. Course, then they wanted our help building an alliance to face the Freehold. Carry documents and such to the other city-states while they have a constitutional convention. Looked like people weren’t happy about that. Like being the biggest fish in their pond, I’d guess. I asked for an ambassador to come with us. I’m not dealing with that shit, and I know no-one else here can. Command’s going to have a field day if and when they wake up.

Leo’s made a friend. God help us all. Man name of Ichabod, runs a cotton mill. His family’s been waiting the coming of the Project. Would guess an earlier team contacted them. He’s willing to support us if he and his men can come along. My gut says he’s more interested in the money he can make from all this than the project, first dibs on all the trade and economic shite. I can use that. Just have to make sure we don’t blow up too much.

Still waiting for that ambassador. Been doing odd jobs. Tweaked their plans for the sewers. Few by-passes they can make to reduce the stress load. My fancy degree come to this. Leo’s been driving up and down the roads. Taxi, hauler, med runner, all that. Hopefully we get out of here before he gets bored.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Turnersburg- previous contact with project. Two guys at the mayoral convention, acted like we were the second coming. Lovely.

Taking documents to:
Chapel Hill University
Wilmington
Biltmore Republic

Classics department- classists, plato’s republics, intelligent should rule

Biltmore republic- control mountains, trade w/ kentucky

Wilmington- Marines- hate confederacy

Ichabod- family was contacted by project [likely recon], told to help [motivated some by that, mostly be self-interest]