Thread: Krell OOB
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2018, 11:15 AM

Absolutely agree with you gentlemen, a Company being the highest level of defined organization, anything greater than that being a cobbled together mess of whatever forces are available.

One thing that I have done was define three "Elite" types of organization within the Krell Army:
1. Infantry Company (Mechanized) - all highly reliable fanatics mounted in (still limping along) M2 Bradleys and captured MP V-150s
2. Tank Company - all highly reliable fanatics that are intelligent and trained enough to use and maintain the few remaining M-1 and M60 series MBTs and the trickle of M4 Shermans being produced.
3. Artillery Battery - all highly reliable fanatics that are intelligent and trained enough to use and maintain the few 75, 105, and 155mm artillery pieces in inventory.

These personnel are selected more for their fanaticism and reliability to Krell, and less for their actual abilities.

This is very similar to the organization of the Chinese Army (PLA) during the Korean war, which is the basis for my organization (lots of leg infantry, some Equine Infantry, very few quality units(as above) and virtually no logistics infrastructure to speak of. Like GAMERGUY said, they live off the locals in the medieval fashion of extortion/foraging..... a plague of locusts wherever they go.

I'll get something up this weekend for y'all to look at.