View Single Post
Old 07-15-2022, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raellus View Post
Great point (and a rule that I'd accidentally overlooked). So, even though it looks like successful application of Medical Aid doesn't result in a non-incapacitated, non-critically injured PC recovering any HP, it doesn't prevent the potentially incapacitating (or even deadly) knock-on effects of infection.
Worth it!

Agreed. I don't have a big problem with this. Recovering from a bullet wound after a day or two of rest isn't realistic, but it's no fun when your PC can't do anything for a full game session (or several), just to keep it "real". It is, after all a game, and games should be fun.

The way I play this rapid healing off IG is that wounds resulting in 1-2 HP reductions are grazes (or bruised ribs [torso], or concussion [head]). Fortunately, my PCs haven't sustained any incapacitating or critical wounds yet (knock on wood!).

If you're at curious about where most of my recent 4e rules questions are coming from, take a gander at my solo campaign log-ette.

https://forum.juhlin.com/showthread.php?t=6793

-
I don't mind the fast healing either. It definitely doesn't feel as realistic, but it can sometimes make the game feel like a bit of an action/adventure movie, which I think is more fun given the setting. Characters get shot once or twice, but then before you know it they're back on their feet and in the fight.