View Single Post
Old 02-28-2021, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffhound79 View Post
was the uss america in the wrong spot or is there something im missing?
If you mean the reference to the USS America on page 89, it's not a reference to any warship. It refers to a Bedford five ton gun truck operating in a shore unit formed from Royal Navy sailors who don't have any ships to man. In true Royal Naval tradition, each of the gun trucks was given a name starting with HMS (His Majesty's Ship). As that particular truck is commanded by a US Navy exchange officer it was given a USS prefix rather than an HMS one. It's definitely not in the wrong place.

The only US warship mentioned is the USS Normandy (and it's not seaworthy).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legbreaker View Post
Throw it my direction as a word file and I'm happy to go through correcting the typos, formatting, etc...
Cheers Leg, I appreciate the offer, but I'm happy to finally -just call it finished so I figure it's fine as it is (my intent was never to get it published or claim any sort of canonical status for it, it was just something that was done because I enjoyed doing it but it's done now - if I start revisiting it for whatever reason I'll end up wanting to redo whole parts).