View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 07:33 PM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

We know that several capitol ships had survived with the carriers operating in the middle east... So it's not that hard to believe that there might be more out there as well. It's hard to sink a carrier (not impossible)... And your statements about auxilary crews are pretty good. But the Navy would have those crews not actively onboard a vessel doing something onshore... it's quite possible that majority of MilGov management is currently being taken care of by USAF and USN personnel.

FEMA depots are located all over the place, set up to survive a nuclear exchange. The Allegany Uprising touches on one such locale. It's not hard to imagine that there are more out there waiting to be discovered.

When i did my CBR warfare training, they talked alot about the FEMA plans post-nuclear exchanges. While FEMA had the right to redistribute human resources, they where not allowed to mess with Department of Defense Personnel, past or present. Veterans and their dependents are technically off-limits to the FEMA relocations like i mentioned earlier. But with the MilGov/CivGov spilit this can possibly be thrown out the window depending on the local adminstrator/supervisors.

The Shipyards have MASSIVE amounts of mobile machineshops, and other things that would be very important in reconstruction.

Yes there are alot of heavy equipment will need to be salvaged and refurbished, and it can take a while to get done. But it's not been said not to have been happening during the years since the nuclear exchanges. One of the things that really got me about T2k was that they really didn't focus on the fact that the local communities would have started rebuilding as soon as the dust settled from the nuclear exchanges. That's one of the reasons i really liked the first season of the TV Show Jericho (the second season just totally blew, and in a bad way).

If i remember right, the heavy equipment promised to the Germans was military hardware. And the writers had the PCs having to give up that extra gear was to seperate them from all the fancy toys they had acquired during play in Europe.

Giving all the military weapons and equipment was the price of all those ships, but machineshops and other supplies that would be needed back in the states would have been something I feel that the US Army Europe would have wanted to keep at least SOME of the stuff since they needed it just as well. And since they menentioned in "Going Home" that the French wasn't to happy that the US was giving all that military hardware to the Germans, made me wonder why the official module didn't have the French doing more to stop it from happening. Thus our campaign had the French launching a surprise attack on the staging areas of Bremenhaven in an attempt to destroy all that military hardware so the Germans couldn't get their hands on it. Thus the Month long engagement of all of the US, British and German forces located in the area pushing the French out of the German and Dutch Rhineland... But i degress.

there is alot of varibles we wheren't given by the T2k writers dealing with what went on behind the scenes of the evacuation of Europe, nor with the 'return to europe' series of modules... So there is alot of leaway for the DC group to develop things with how they've been doing.
Fuck being a hero. Do you know what you get for being a hero? Nothing! You get shot at. You get a little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy! You get divorced... Your wife can't remember your last name, your kids don't want to talk to you... You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy. I do this because there is nobody else to do it right now. Believe me if there was somebody else to do it, I would let them do it. There's not, so I'm doing it.