View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 09:00 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13
Default MP5 Grenade Launcher

TiggerCCW UK 04-08-2004, 02:22 AM I have a vague recollection of seeing a grenade launcher fitted to the bottom of an MP5, not sure which model. Is this possible, was it in a film or is it the product of my own fevered imagination?

Antenna 04-08-2004, 04:07 AM MP-5SD3 with M203 GL

PIC : www.ludd.ltu.se/users/antenna/mp5-m203.jpg

Antenna

TR 04-08-2004, 05:36 PM There's another possibility as there is a company out of England named Istec who makes an underbarrel 40mm.

http://www.wapahani.com/istecisl202_40.jpg

TR

DeSaint 04-08-2004, 11:53 PM why would you want to?

i mean.. the mp5 is a close range sub machinegun... so why would you want to stuff a damm great big heavy GL on the thing?

effective range of an smg = if you can throw it at them and hit you can shoot them.

pointless. why weigh down the fast movment of a weapon like the mp5 with that .

TiggerCCW UK 04-09-2004, 03:15 AM Thanks for the info everyone. TR, have you stats for the Istec launcher?

"why would you want to?

i mean.. the mp5 is a close range sub machinegun... so why would you want to stuff a damm great big heavy GL on the thing?"

The main reason I was asking about this is because I was thinking of arming security troops with them in Dark Conspiracy, using the GL to fire (primarily) less lethal rounds - CS, baton rounds etc.

TR 04-09-2004, 04:42 PM Just the real world stats...

ISTEC ISL 275: 1.2 Kg weight, 40x46mm low velocity shells, 250mm length, muzzle velocity of 74 m/s.

Until Later

TR

Antenna 04-10-2004, 12:53 AM According to FFS (Fire, Fusion & Steel) the ISTEC ISL would have a rnage reduction of 10% (rounded down from 11.2%) So as follows for differnet rounds ...

ROUND RNG IFR

Any Explosive 90 360

Antenna

TiggerCCW UK 04-10-2004, 03:14 AM Many thanks folks.

ReHerakhte 04-10-2004, 03:46 AM I think you might be recalling the Arnie movie "End Of Days", I haven't seen it but I seem to remember that one of the weapons used in the movie was an MP5 with underbarrel GL.

Cheers,

Kevin

Targan 03-25-2006, 12:42 PM Given that T2K canon says the US has adopted BTU or "shoot through" grenades, why wouldn't an MP5-wielding character with a hankering for 'nade slinging just make sure they have a flash hider the right diameter and use those? Sure a 9mmP round won't throw one very far, but we're taking about a character whose main armament is an SMG. Clearly a eunich or trans-gender.

pmulcahy 03-25-2006, 01:10 PM I've seen that particular combination in both Arnold Schwarzengger and Chuck Norris movies (both had shortened M-203's); I personally don't think such a combination would have much utility (the SMG is basically a CQB weapon and supposed to be light and handy, and the 203 is a long-range area-effect weapon which would make an MP-5 rather clumsy) However...

I remember seeing somewhere (I think it was an old issue of Jane's) that HK designed the HK-79 (the add-on version of the HK-69) to fit most "G-3 and HK-53 Series" weapons, and at its essence, the MP-5 is a vastly scaled-down HK-53 firing different ammunition and firing from a closed bolt. Wherever I saw that, I also saw a picture of an MP-5 with an HK-79 mounted. And yes, it did look quite clumsy.

DamianR 03-31-2006, 10:20 PM The MP5 can be fitted with a muzzle attachment that allows BTU grenades to be fired.

One of my characters had just that combo.

Mind you he also carted around a 60mm Commando Mortar, so the GL was more to keep any light armour honest, rather than his primary weapon.

And people keep putting big heavy GLs (and suppressors, and sights, and shotguns, etc) on other nice light weapons, like the M4, so why not the MP5?