View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 06:22 AM

Default I got two NPCs

I always ran T2k, never really played. These are from a long time ago, so I don't remember much. Since my players were much less military-interested than me back then, I usually stuck an NCO in as an NPC, to provide tactical advice when necessary ("Are you *sure* you want to do that, sir?")

1) Otto- He was a West German cavalry scout, small in stature, high in time served. Pre-war draftee, with a home in Hannover and a small family back there. He wore the standard grab-bag of uniform bits, shot a G3, and wore a blond mustache. He sticks in my head the most, since the players developed enough affection for him that they announced one of their goals was to get him out of Poland and back to his family. Given that we were deep in our hack'n'slash days, this meant a lot.

2) Ernie- a PC played by my brother. Again, this was back in our hack'n'slash days, so our idea of characters was to pile on odd details to make color. Ernie was a Dutch tank crewman, short and thin. He was definitely of the wacky humor, with a small rubber ducky added to his dogtag chain. He drove the M1 I gave the crew (note I didn't give them main-gun ammo, I wasn't that generous), and used an HK-CAW when out of it. The quack of the rubber duck was his usual response to questions aimed at him-- one quack for yes, two for no. Rather like Harpo Marx, without the curly hair.