View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 02:02 AM

Default a little tidbit on Norwegian troops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legbreaker View Post
I'm currently in the process of creating a replacement for Stoner. He's Norwegian, STR 8, CHA 1, armed with an M82A1, wears a beard and long hair under his kevlar helmet (tempted to glue on horns).
First name - Thor. Guess what he calls his Barret?

50 % of professional soldiers from Norway use a horrible connoction called SNUS.
Its basically what Yankees call scruff - i.e powdered tobacco that is juicy and smelly .
A lump is baked with the index and thumb from the can ( size of a -well a scruf box ), and then this lump called a "prize" is wedged between upper lip and gum .It lasts about 1 hour depending on size.But many leave it in until it has smouldered to nothing almost .

A tell tale sign of troops using snus in teh area are little stinky lumps discarded next to foxholes etc

Years of using this leaves its mark -bad breath is one thing ,but also the lip is altered and portrudes up to 1 full inch in bad cases -permanently .It will probably regress to near natural state as abstinence is observed over a long time .

Swedish snus is the best .It is called general -Golden top.

It is notoriously hard to give up due to high levels of nicotine addiction .

Lack of snus can turn a good soldier grumpy and an average one into insubordination .

In many cases the troopes who use it can actually eat with it in place ,sleep with it and most certainly shoot with it .I suppose it is tactically superior tobacco when compared to smokes.

Coffee mug and snus is a connoiseur delight .

Swallowing a lump causes nausea and rapid heart rate etc .