View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 01:26 AM
Volunteer Timeline Errata Coord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natehale1971 View Post
We might be able to combine the Camp in a Box with a Farm in a Box idea... once the containers have been emptied, they can be converted into a hydroponic garden. All you'd have to do is have equipment stored in the cache complex, with a 'snap-together' type set up that would allow even unskilled labor to put everything together.
Nate,

I don't think we'll have to agree to disagree, I do think the "camp" part is useful. I'm going to use that in my own game. I'm just not sold on the food. Like Lee asks, how many people is the Project supposed to feed using stored food supplies? 3,000? 300,000? 20,000,000?

Agriculture is also something that takes an enormous amount of materials, from seeds to fertiliser and feed. I think that the Project is best served by concentrating on industrial infrastructure. Agriculture teams should be focused on returning mechanisation to agriculture (by applying high-tech solutions like fusion power) to enhance all food production. Not just, say, build a farm to feed X people in a given town.

Tony