View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 04:53 PM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

Tony... only helping that small of a group (one group of 3000 per region) would be a slap in the face of the project itself.

The entire project has been designed to HELP as many people as possible. Considering helping people a 'Drain on Resources' is... well, that goes totally against what the project was founded for. And is honestly heartless.

The project has 30+ years to prepare for TEOTWAWKI. And any Prepper will tell you, that stocking food is the easiest part of prepping for disasters. It's also the CHEAPEST part of their prepping. And considering the resources of the Project, stockpiling food is not a 'drain on resources'... because the project is the one whose very founding is to HELP as many people as possible. The original game had a bunch of supplies stuffed in a tiny little concret box that really could not hold all the stuff they talked about being in them.

My idea here, was to explain how a cache complex would be set up.

Giving each field team (recon, mars & science) a 'Camp in a Box' wouldn't be a drain considering just how VAST the conspiracy that would be necessary for the Project to have existed (and another reason to say that the Federal Government knew about it, and was turning a blind eye to it... and would give a damn good reason for Carter to have killed Civil Defense Preparations).

Look at the Soviet Union, they never gave up on Civil Defense and pretty much didn't give a rat's ass about their people as individuals. But even they had kept civil Defense going, and had made provisions for people to survive a nuclear exchange.

if 3000 people is just to big a group in your oppinion to help, cut it down to 1000. Or even 500. But to call it a 'drain on resources' is heartless and a slap in the face to the very IDEALS that the Project had been created for.
Fuck being a hero. Do you know what you get for being a hero? Nothing! You get shot at. You get a little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy! You get divorced... Your wife can't remember your last name, your kids don't want to talk to you... You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy. I do this because there is nobody else to do it right now. Believe me if there was somebody else to do it, I would let them do it. There's not, so I'm doing it.