View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 04:52 AM

Welcome to the Morrow Project Darkwing, I'll try to answer your questions, at least from my point of view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwing View Post
Still more than enough for bean-counters to sniff out money being diverted
In order for the Council of Tommorrow to pull off the Project, there would have to be a some sort of process to divert funds...Howard Hughes pulling billions out to fund his various personnel projects would be one example. Funds diverted into research projects, DoD-classified projects, etc. There would be a way to get around the bean-counters.

Quote:
I'd say 10,000 is a bare minimum to be prepared to rebuild if you're trying to cover the whole country.
I generally go for a Project numbering 30-40,000. I also start with a 1949 start date for the Project and a war date sometime in 2001. My point is that the CoT would have started research into power and cryo systems and that this would have taken about 10 years to perfect, it allows you roughly 40 years of recruitment, training and building.

Quote:
I'm NOT thinking mass extinction either - but specific food and drug plants might get blighted or something else in the chain does and the domino effect takes out a staple. If you wake up and find that the local area has lost something like that, having a small supply of such seeds would help restart agriculture until the regional base can be contacted for larger issuances.
Even from the earliest days of Timeline, every cache has always included bags of seeds. The need is not debated, the only questions is quantity and how large an impact a few bags can have. This would be the mission of the Specialty teams who would have larger caches of ag machinery, seeds, fertilizers, frozen animals. Something like a Recon Team, this really would be beyond what their mission requires.

Quote:
They would definitely need to have those skills in a post-apocalyptic world. Cars won't exist, except for what you brought with you, and there haven't been road crews repairing the highways since the event.
No arguement here! Until people have really tried to bring a vehicle into an area where vehicles have never been, they are simply clueless as to how difficult it is to move through terrain. Military-grade vehicles are better suited overall since they are designed to work in this type of environment. You will see arguements about being non-threatening and using SUVs....I have to laugh because I have seen the results of people trying to use these top-heavy pos in wilderness areas...it isn't pretty.