View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoon500ly View Post
In order for the Council of Tommorrow to pull off the Project, there would have to be a some sort of process to di vert funds...Howard Hughes pulling billions out to fund his various personnel projects would be one example. Funds diverted into research projects, DoD-classified projects, etc. There would be a way to get around the bean-counters.
I just think it's a factor to consider when deciding how and why things are done, and just how much can be done.

Quote:
I generally go for a Project numbering 30-40,000. I also start with a 1949 start date for the Project and a war date sometime in 2001. My point is that the CoT would have started research into power and cryo systems and that this would have taken about 10 years to perfect, it allows you roughly 40 years of recruitment, training and building.
10 years is wildly optimistic. How long have we worked on SDI-scale lasers, fusion, cold-fusion, et al?

Quote:
No arguement here! Until people have really tried to bring a vehicle into an area where vehicles have never been, they are simply clueless as to how difficult it is to move through terrain. Military-grade vehicles are better suited overall since they are designed to work in this type of environment. You will see arguements about being non-threatening and using SUVs....I have to laugh because I have seen the results of people trying to use these top-heavy pos in wilderness areas...it isn't pretty.
I grew up in Colorado, and whenever it snows, the 4WDs and SUVs were the first to spin out. And I took an old 2WD pickup with granny gear many places jeeps wouldn't go.

Thanks for the welcome!