View Single Post
Old 05-01-2020, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RN7 View Post
Matt just remind me who is in this war as your write-up is now so vast it would take weeks to go back reading through it

Good Guys: USA, UK, Canada, South Korea.

I think Japan, China, Australia and Israel are also on the good side. Who else?

Bad Guys: USSR, East Germany, Cuba, Libya, Nicaragua and Mexico

Other baddies I think are Poland, Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Bulgaria, Vietnam, North Korea. Are they also in North America and who else is on the Soviet side?

And what of the French?
As of May '87, this is the lineup:

Allies: U.S.; UK, Canada, South Korea, Taiwan, Australia, New Zealand

China's in a special category as there is no PRC government left after the RSVN (Strategic Rocket Forces) used China as a live-fire range for SS-18s and SS-20s. There are PLA elements in the field who are loyal to the idea of the PRC, but China has splintered. Tibet is now an independent nation, Taiwan has taken control of Fujian Province on the other side of the Straits, Hong Kong remains British, Macao is still Portuguese, and there's a dozen splinter states in between Hong Kong and Manchuria.

Pro-Allied but ostensibly neutral: Israel, Egypt, Japan, Turkey, Brazil, South Africa, Panama.

Neutralist (those countries that were part of NATO before it broke up for the most part): West Germany, Holland, Belgium, Italy, Spain, Portugal (Though the Allies have use of Lajes Field in the Azores), Norway, Denmark. Iceland was seized by the Soviets on Day two of the war, and was liberated in Summer, 1987.

The Communist Bloc (ComBloc for short):

USSR, Cuba, Nicaragua, Mexico, East Germany, Poland, Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Bulgaria, North Korea, El Salvador, Honduras, Guatemala.

Vietnam allows Soviet use of Cam Ranh Bay, but is otherwise sitting it out.

Old USMC Adage