View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Langham View Post
3WFR also have a HSF Coy which could be deployed to protect something there.

Brainwave - there is a range complex on the outskirts of Leicester not far from the main TA Centre (there is also a cadet Training Centre that could be being used as transit accommodation) - it was the one used in Full Metal Jacket - company that is based at east Midlands Airport has gone there down the M1 for range work.
Sounds good. The other solution that just occurred to me is that I think 7RAR had an HSF Company (E Coy?) which had detachments at Leicester and Lincoln.

Could be Leicester finishes up with a composite force which has elements of 7RAR's HSF Coy backed up by some elements of 3WFR. Maybe things are kicking off in Leciester in Dec 1997 and 3WFR troops are sent in to help 7RAR's HSF Coy keep order? Following the nuclear exchange perhaps 3WFR send a recce force to Nottingham and Derby which comes back and says "we're better off staying put boys." That sounds feasable to me....

There could also be assorted indivduals from the Defence Animal Centre at Melton Mowbray and the alternate RGHQ at Loughborough.

I'll rework that part...

Cheers