View Single Post
Old 04-28-2021, 04:01 PM
This Sourcebook Kills Fascists

Okay, I'm back at my big boy keyboard now.

@Paul - To more fully answer your question, these are my comments on Enfield's use of the sourcebook, not excerpts from the published work. I don't really have much in the way of cut material and I'm not working on anything supplemental at present. One of the advantages of not working under contract was the opportunity to indulge my tendency to overwrite (but I think the work as a whole is fairly solid, without too much in the way of word count padding).

@CDAT - Sorry I missed your comment this morning. I will admit to not doing too much with YTC. It did get a brief mention and there's some additional implied plot connected to it (including the presence elsewhere of some stranded JSDF exchange officers and the remnants of their own training equipment).

@Enfield - Thank you. I did see your other thread but I've been mostly staying out of it because of the rapid divergence into agricultural details on which I am not qualified to comment. I did weigh in on the moral ambiguity of the Cascadian/Proconsular agenda. The movement is designed to be morally-ambiguous and thought-provoking, as they hold a strategic vision that's rare among factions in GDW's work.

At any rate - I am intrigued by your campaign concept and await reports from the field!

(I will be ecstatic if anyone winds up running a White Bats campaign.)

- C.

Author of The Pacific Northwest, coauthor of Tara Romaneasca, creator of several other free Twilight: 2000 and Twilight: 2013 resources, and curator of an intermittent gaming blog.

It rarely takes more than a page to recognize that you're in the presence of someone who can write, but it only takes a sentence to know you're dealing with someone who can't.
- Josh Olson