View Single Post
Old 04-28-2021, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegyrius View Post

@Enfield - Thank you. I did see your other thread but I've been mostly staying out of it because of the rapid divergence into agricultural details on which I am not qualified to comment. I did weigh in on the moral ambiguity of the Cascadian/Proconsular agenda. The movement is designed to be morally-ambiguous and thought-provoking, as they hold a strategic vision that's rare among factions in GDW's work.

At any rate - I am intrigued by your campaign concept and await reports from the field!

(I will be ecstatic if anyone winds up running a White Bats campaign.)

- C.
Funnily enough, the PC group are rather morally ambiguous. In fact the one former politician in the group is secretly a downright sociopath (everyone in the group has a Dark Secret they are keeping from others) but also honestly believes that he is an excellent leader for society. Because he was in the prewar state government he has rejected Milgov as having usurped authority, but recognizes that Civgov is too weak to challenge Milgov, especially in the Pacific Northwest.

The other leader type is a former professional baseball player who has brought the drive, aggression, and tactical thinking he formerly used to build the local militia and gather like minded individuals together. He just...likes the Proconsul. I didn't even plan it that way. His mantra is "The Proconsul is like the Governor...but better." The player is playing him as someone who sees the treason as being the other way around--Milgov betrayed the Proconsul.

White Bats...my next campaign, if there is one, would be focused more on British Columbia. Who knows? Maybe my group will end up up there for some reason, maybe, if they are very successful, as diplomats, traders or intelligence gatherers for the Proconsular forces.