View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 03:09 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Nowhere Man 1966 Send a message via AIM to Nowhere Man 1966 Send a message via MSN to Nowhere Man 1966 Send a message via Yahoo to Nowhere Man 1966

Quote:
Originally Posted by natehale1971
I like the idea of the COT having a UPS/FedEX type cover for their logitical operations. They know when the end comes, all they have to do is create the major private courier service, build facilities around the country (inculding their own private airfields where they know nukes wont fall since they WILL need airfields to move supplies after the project goes active).

The below ground facilities are like an iceberg... the above ground warehouse is 10% of the facility... the extensive underground faciliites would be built like the underground missile control complexes that where suppose to be able to survive an indirect or direct hit (i cant remember which)...

You can also have the storage facilities hidden inside mountains where trains can be switched out.. The Project could build its own semi-pirvate railways that would go to isolated areas, where Morrow Industries would have 'planned' to build a community but they made mistakes on their business plan and went out of business.

This would allow them to put airfeilds and depots in isolated areas.
Yeah, I thought the same way, I used to work for Fed Ex Ground in accounting and I think the hub system and distribution network would make a nice backbone for The Morrow Project.

We have an abandoned tunnel or two on the Pennsylvania Turnpike, they would also make nice places to hide things. We have Iron Mountain in Boyer's, PA that was featured as a storage area in "Allegheny Uprising" for Twilight: 2000 that would be nice as well. I have a friend that lives next to it, he plans to get me a tour of the place and I see their trucks all the time roaming around.

Like Fed Ex, an auto parts company would be nice to be able to store things like parts and other things you would need to rebuild civilization. Where I work at, the various stores might stock different things depending on the area, one store I run to where I have to fetch parts has more parts for farm equipment and tractors than we do since they are in a more rural area.

Chuck M.