View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 03:30 PM

The only problem I see with putting a Project Bolthole on a island is the simple fact its a Island! Moving equipment and a vehicle is going to be tough without a boat or bridge and Cockburn Island (Seriously a bad name for a island) has neither. The closest two landmasses are Drummond Island which uses a ferry to get to the continental US and Manitoulian which had two bridges that need to be used to exit into Canada. Bridges that may not be there or be blocked after a nuclear attack. And after a 150 years those bridges probably wouldn't be all that sound or there anymore.
Cockburn Island (I wonder where they got the name?) might serve better as a supply point that would use the Airfield and buried hangers for Cargo aircraft that could be used to resupply Morrow Teams away from there own resupply points. But as a Bolthole location a Island is a bad idea in my book unless one is willing to cache a series of boats usable on the Great Lakes and capable of carrying project Vehicles to the mainland.
Might be a good spot though for a secondary Prime Base, or a training area for Project Teams before being frozen.