View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 10:15 AM

Location: Equaly at home in the water, the mountains and the desert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato13
Gamewise I always loved the Pancor Jackhammer

In addition to being a 10 round fully automatic shotgun the magazines could be converted into a improvised antipersonnel mine.

I remember that one from an article back in the 80s. It avoided the thing that spelled the doom of must automatic shotguns and really any sustained fire of shotguns. The worry of cookoffs after a long firing session.

The chamber to the weapon was not in the weapon but in the magazine cassette, much like a cylinder on a revolver so the heat would not build up in the chamber and would have time to cool off between firing and reloading. A downside though, the ammo cassettes seemd a little bulky.

But, I did use it in one of my campaigns to good effect. I also used a "Sledgehammer" a pump action 40mm grenade launcher I loved making up my own T2K weapons. And oh yeah I also had a weapons system similiar to the one used in Alliens, using 5.56 as the primary weapon and a integral underbarrel 12 gauge or 20mm pump action grenade launcher.