View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 05:22 AM

Default www.morrowproject.com

When I first read about the Morrow Project the communications system seemed fine.
But now well doesn't it seem a little primitive, this organisation with all it's amazing super technology keeping in touch via morse code and long range radio chat.

So what I was considering was the project had an early version of the world wide web. Not so much team members getting proto ipads, but rather an ambitious scheme to lay fibre optic cable across the nation. Each time a deep drainage or electrical cable was laid the project gets to add some extra cabling.

Then various, not all bolt holes get a computer station to communicate with prime base. I'm thinking very much 70s, 80s tec green flickering screen solid units. And like the early telex systems that linked NATO bunkers these systems can be redirected to go around disabled hubs. The idea being the recon team members spent a couple of weeks recording data and making observations. Then goto their hub and upload the data to prime base.

With the project having small human resources, much of this would be filling in standardised forms which are then processed by alogrythms.

In addition there's a supplementary radio system that can send even smaller amounts of data, but is very much a predecessor of the 3/4g world we live in.
An interesting system being that this would allow prime base or rather the central computer that is running these algorythms to update the nav comp.

So if the team is doing well or has a need it may gift them locations of new bolt holes, perhaps containing exciting new gear. If however their reports are slack, or erratic or in other ways they seem to have gone rogue. Then they may find the nav comp wiped, their fusion bottle shutdown and if their behaviour indicates they've been wiped out gone over to the dark side or what ever. Then perhaps the fusion bottle it's self is detonated, the assumption being such valuable treasure would be kept at the very heart of the enemies citadel.

Certainly if one is looking to prevent teams going gun happy, then having to lug around kilos of camera equipment, laptops and other gear to do their weekly reports may reduce capacity for bullets. A