Thread: Survival skills
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2009, 06:32 AM

With regard to the expanding of skills in t2k.

My RPG group have, over the last 20+ years, played primarily the Rolemaster system which is often mocked as Rulemaster due to it's complexity. It subdivides so many skills it is great for the perfectionst but can be unwieldy. As suggested, there are skills like Ride (*place animal type*) and Animal Handling (*place animal type*) and even Animal Healing as examples. Then one can further use similar skills - a good Sailor may have a free limited ability in Rope Use or Navigation or Boat Pilot.

I would recommend anyone looking for more detailed RPG skills check it out (although this is a fantasy game, Spacemaster is a sci-fi version with more modern skills).

My group love the system but it isnt for everyone, and initially they found it hard (going back to T2K) to roll on 'Recon' instead of the option of General Perception, Detect Traps, Locate Secret etc (or even Stalk/Hide, Ambush, Silent Kill) but they adapted to the simplicity and was a nice change. All in all, take these things to the level your group most enjoys, one Man's drink is another Mans' posion and all that