View Single Post
Old 02-09-2021, 01:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raellus View Post
I think that's a valid point but, at the risk of getting pedantic, during the Civil War, entire regions aligned themselves with one side or the other. Yeah, maybe a couple of South Carolinians joined up with Union forces, and a couple of Pennsylvanians aligned with the Confederacy, but, by and large, the allegiances of citizens lay with their state governments' respective decisions re secession. The brother v. brother dynamic is a little over-played (for dramatic effect).

In the T2k scenario, if a particular organization was predisposed to one side or the other in the Mil-Civ split, I imagine most (not all) member personnel would go along with the agency. There would be outliers, though, who decide to follow their conscience instead of their leaders/organization.

-
I agree with you there Raellus since its not really state versus state here - and you may see organizations that are neutral - possibly the US Post Office for instance who would most likely do their best to keep the mail being delivered to as much of the country as possible, regardless of who is in control (although not sure New America would be up for having them come into their territory)