View Single Post
Old 02-09-2021, 06:04 PM
This Sourcebook Kills Fascists

This is partly driven by my own professional interest, but one set of agencies I see missing in this inventory is the Federal Emergency Management Agency and its state/territorial counterparts. FEMA would have owned the national civil defense mission and a large chunk of continuity of government measures, and it and the state agencies would have tried to coordinate relief for the cities that came under nuclear attack.

Because of the COG mission, I see the survivors of FEMA HQ and Region 3 being an integral part of the federal government's efforts to reconstitute itself, and likely holding key roles in the Broward administration. The other regional offices likely would have aligned with HQ/R3 as long as they were able to maintain independent comms, and as long as they themselves continued functioning.

Emergency management has always been an attractive second career for retired military personnel and first responders, and the state agencies are tied closely to their respective National Guard contingents (several share a chain of command through state TAG offices). By 2000-2001, the states with functioning governments probably would have consolidated National Guard, state police/patrol, state EMA, and state public health into some sort of joint task forces to maintain infrastructure and halt the downward slide.

- C.

Author of The Pacific Northwest, coauthor of Tara Romaneasca, creator of several other free Twilight: 2000 and Twilight: 2013 resources, and curator of an intermittent gaming blog.

It rarely takes more than a page to recognize that you're in the presence of someone who can write, but it only takes a sentence to know you're dealing with someone who can't.
- Josh Olson

Last edited by Tegyrius; 02-09-2021 at 06:21 PM.