View Single Post
Old 06-30-2015, 10:36 AM

No, according to canon San Diego was never hit. Which of course rekindles the whole GDW targeting debate...refineries or no...I would think the Soviets would have tasked at least one big nuke on SD harbor (North Island NAS, 32nd Street Naval Base, the SSN base at Point Loma, and PacFleet HQ as well as MCRD the Marine Corps Recruit Depot...among others things)...but they didn't.

In my game, in mid 2002 Mexican forces in Texas rallied and began the "second offensive" to 'finished the job'. they pushed north and east out of their containment's. They initially gained ground, but a timely intervention of Federal Mechanized troops aided by some air power out of Colorado and ground troops pushing out of the South Texas Grange capitol of Victoria (bolstered by more then a few of the troops who had returned from Europe) stalled the drive and turned it into a full route after a pitched battle on the outskirts of Victoria itself....Texas is more or less free of organized Mexican forces now.

I'm setting up the California segment of the 'Second Offensive' now. With moderate to strong Sixth Army forces holding most all the southern San Joaquin Valley mountain passes Mexican forces have been stalled for months (years really) they have also been blocked from any coastal advancement at Santa Maria to the west. To the East of Tehachapi its a zillion miles for trackless desert and Central Valley Command cares little about what they might do out there.

LA is a ruined wasteland that has proved the undoing of the Mexican invasion in SoCal...there is no foraging to be had, its 100 miles of ruins a logistic train must traverse from Mexico (if there was one) and it's infested with violent warring gangs who engage anyone and everyone for supplies.

I'm near the point where about 12.000 US troops will be returning from Korea/Okinawa/the Pacific (they made it to Hawaii last game...got sucked up in the natives against whites civil war going to there)....the plan is to have many of them bolster Sixth Army forces around Bakersfield and launch a final offensive to drive Mexican forces deep into the LA wasteland...at the same time, other US forces will depart from Hunters Point San Fransisco and conduct a 'MacArthur style' Inchon invasion landing at San Diego cutting off retreat and resupply...hopefully ending organized Mexican military operations in SoCal at that point.

BTW: in our game, the players were 'stunned' to see the USS-Enterprise laid up in Pearl Harbor (the Pearl nuke missed and landed at sea) Enterprise is badly damaged structurally...results of a near miss with a nuke at sea...she can't launch aircraft, but her reactors are in good shape...she's currently supplying power and fresh water to the Pearl City/MilGov AO on the island.

Last edited by Dogger; 06-30-2015 at 10:50 AM.