Thread: Twilight 2013
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe The Gun View Post
Also, that seems more harsh than meant to be so please dont take offense, im not trying to bash anyone, just trying to get my point across gentlemen.
None taken! <G>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe The Gun View Post
Well first of all, I really appreciate everyones concerns, but, in my opinion, if you didnt shoot somebody in the head and cause major head trauma to cause instant death, you can shoot all you want in real life with a handgun and have to wait for the bleed out for someone to die. Thats just how the human body works,its called "shock". So........on the other hand, if your going up against these type of NPC's in the game ill-equiped that is YOUR bad, not the systems. The reality aspects are there for me!
The thing is (from memory) that stock NPCs (including Veterans and Elites) have one damage track that is equivalent to the chest hit location for a PC. A more experienced NPC just has more points and so you can get a situation where you're putting additional bullets into an NPC for no additional impact in game terms.

Leonpoi's second comment below appears to address the same issue but for PCs or Star NPCs who have different wound tracks for different locations. The issue is the "Recurring Injuries rule" on page 152 of the main rulebook by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonpoi View Post
I've played 2013 a bit and I think it needs 2 house rules but is otherwise fine:

1. MoS are split evenly between bullets in a burst attack. This replaces the default rules whereby every bullet gets the same overall MoS. This tones burst down a tad. Any bullets that can't be allocated a MoS are grazing shots.

2. when wounded body parts are hit again but the wound is ignored because it is lower than the current wound level make a shock roll based on the current wound level. This removes the problem of firing rounds in wounded body parts for no outcome.

Let me know how the combat goes for you, plus if you're using stage 3 combat initiative timing let me know if you went insane
With regards to other firearms besides those in the main rulebook there are several weapons guide pdfs that you can buy quite cheaply that have a load of extra weapons in them as well as a load of officially detailed (as in by the game designers) weapons on the official forums. Well worth checking out.