View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 01:36 AM

Default My phillosophy

While I have no intention of reopening the canon v non-canon debate, I think it's worth me setting out my philosophy on writing my articles.

* There are many areas of canon that make little sense.

* There are many areas of real life that make no sense (just read any history book).

* I think some of the events in canon are debatable to say the least.

* Canon has contradictions - see the artillery for the School Brigade where it states a unit is added at one point and that no artillery was ever added at another.

* Real historians contradict themselves too.

* Even if we all sat together with a blank piece of paper we would never manage to create a background we all agreed on.

* My writing is NOT canon, unless Far Future needs a writer (hint, hint).

* I try and make my works compatible with canon so they are more use to more people.

* My writing style is intended to be a historian writing a history, historians make mistakes and are sometimes biased, you can pass errors off as this.

* Please feel free to use my articles as starting points for non-canon campaigns and change what you like.

I believe everyone on the forum loves the game in their own way (let's be fair, to be following a game after so long says a lot), everyone's campaign is different and we can all take ideas, modify and adapt them to suit.