View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 01:08 PM
Banned

"My writing is NOT canon, unless Far Future needs a writer (hint, hint)."

Actually James I hope they do want you as a writer of new material - we could certainly use it!

"fuel is ok but parts will be a problem, even if they are produced you have to get them there. Pillboxes are great if you have to hold a position but there are few strategic points to hold, they could be bypassed. Once the retreat starts, getting to the vehicles is a difficulty in itself (an M88 crew with a couple of HMMWVs and a truck might make a great campaign group trying to retrieve precious vehicles)."

May I make a suggestion then - how about having the difference in tanks be covered by having them recovered and used as pillboxes to defend their HQ - i.e. Fort Sill? They would only be pillboxes and not operational tanks - so the HW count would still be right as to operational tanks but the recovered but non-maneuverable tanks would be at Fort Sill used to defend their main base?

I.e. as at Krakow - they have a bunch of tanks but most of them are just armored pillboxes - their maneuverable strength is much less.

And they could use the parts from the now pillboxes to keep the rest going.

Oh and Legbreaker and Targan - we know your position - you have stated it a lot. But for many of us - Chico, myself and a multitude of others we dont share it.

And James you are right about the canon being changeable - for one in my campaign when I played MilGov was part of the op to grab the refinery and Gulf Forty. So know they have a lot of fuel to play with in Texas. So the 49th there is coming to life again and in the process of liberating large parts of Texas in conjunction with the Grange and MilGov.

I would say this James - having MilGov send no men to the 49th at all from Norfolk is a huge mistake in HW - one that would never have happened. No matter how much of a canon defender or canon attacker anyone is there is no way that they dont send at least a couple thousand men to the one unit that is defending the Oklahoma oil wells and refineries.

Saying they dont just stretches believeability to the breaking point no matter how hard Leg or Targan want to say canon, canon, canon

You dont withdraw a bunch of tankers and armored cavalrymen and dont send a single man to the last armored division the US has - and we know that errors like that have already occurred in canon.

If 35 tanks can appear magically in the RDF US forces with no explanation given, if the size of the SOCCENT forces can be totally overlooked, if a French fleet can be mentioned but then not detailed in the RDF - then I bet a couple thousand men heading to the 49th and it still being at around 3000 men but most of the old TNG guys gone over the hill can be overlooked as well.

Last edited by Olefin; 05-05-2012 at 01:47 PM.