View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 06:00 PM
Banned

I totally agree with you Webstral about HW reflecting a tendency towards chaos. And its why I reject both it and Kidnapped as canon. The whole story of the modulels up until then was order coming out of chaos - i.e. New America defeated in the Ozarks, the Last Submarine being found and used to bring the scientists to America with fusion tech, Gulf Forty's oil being captured by the players and most likely turned over to MilGov directly or thru the Grange to MilGov in exchange for recognition of a Texas Republic, Allegheny Uprising finding all those supplies

hell even going home - you dont bring home 43,000 men for nothing - they could have stayed in Europe and done more good for the US and its allies

you bring them home to rebuild your armed forces so that you can make areas of peace and order to start rebuilding, not just let them all desert except for 2000 men or so

then suddenly all goes to chaos and the US collapses and the US Army basically turns marauder or deserts

it was a betrayal of the whole rest of the timeline

and seeing the 49th in six months waste away when its the only force that can hold those oil wells and refineries in Oklahoma and take back Texas without any reinforcements - sorry but thats about as believeable as a Giant Dinosaur trashing Tokyo on a regular basis

and you can see what it did to the game - after that it dwindles away to modules set in Europe and a couple of source books and its all over - and why? because they wrote themselves into a Mad Max corner

for me its the same with James work here - its a great work till it gets to HW - and then suddenly the division falls apart - sorry but no dice