View Single Post
Old 12-04-2020, 12:55 PM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketenjagdpanzer View Post
Hey guys,

What was the 3/4 ton truck, of the type listed in the v1 rules, that a team could potentially start with? Surely it wasn't the 1953 model still in use in the 80s (which is what I presume a 1990s would be based on).

Thanks in advance.
That was the more formal name of the old M151 (and earlier iterations), the Jeep. They replaced ours with HMMWVs when I was stationed at Ft Stewart during 1987-88, and after they were done, I never saw a Jeep again in the US Army. (The ROKs continued to use Jeeps until nearly 2000, and I don't know when all the Guard and Reserve's Jeeps were replaced.)

I have to embarrass myself here a bit. Growing up, we always hat auto transmission cars, and I grew up not knowing how to drive a standard. So, in the Guard, when they tried to get me driving a Jeep, I caused damage to two Jeep's transmissions that seriously deadlined them. And I was never allowed to drive a standard transmission vehicle in the Guard again. I didn't have the opportunity at Ft. Stewart, and never went to a unit that had standard-transmission vehicles after that. Never had a POV with standard transmission either.

OK, so I can't drive a standard! I'm 58 years old and can't drive a standard! And I'm too damn old to learn now!

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com

Last edited by pmulcahy11b; 12-04-2020 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Left out one word that made the whole sentence not make sense.