View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 04:01 PM

Evening all,

Attached a few more pieces of my Alternative Survivor’s Guide to the UK – short pieces on the Dutch (with a nod to James Langham’s Naval Party 67; James and I bounced several ideas back and forth about the Dutch Royal Family’s passage to the UK) and the Secret Intelligence Service, together with three organised groups – Mebyon Kernow (which has been posted before on the Duke of Cornwall thread, but am reposting here to keep everything in one place), the Highland Coalition (a version of which has been posted before – this version is slightly expanded and is a joint work with RN7), and the East Anglians.

I’ve also included a contents page for anyone that’s following the whole thing and wants to have an idea of what’s included. Note the contents page includes the New Jerusalem Movement – I haven’t reposted that as it was only posted relatively recently.

These articles pretty much bring the main body of this Alternative Survivor’s Guide to a conclusion. I only have a limited amount of time to devote to it these days, and I think I’ve done what I set out to do when I first started to seriously work on it in late 2003 / early 2004 (although its origins go back further than that, to hand written notes going back to the 1990’s). My first intention was relatively modest – I wanted to expand on the order of battle for British forces in the UK, with a particular emphasis on the TA and HSF, which were largely overlooked n the official material. I did that, going through a series of drafts, several of which I posted to the previous incarnation of this forum at RPG Host.

As I did this various conversations began to take place, both on and off the board, and gradually I began to develop something that expanded my vision of the UK in T2K, based on the framework put forward in the official material. My intention is not, and never has been, to replace the official material or claim any sort of official status for my own work – the intention, quite simply, is to put forward an alternative take on the UK in T2K which gamers can use – or not – as they wish.

A number of people have supported and encouraged me in writing this material; many have offered feedback and suggestions, several of which I have attempted to incorporate into the work, and would probably never have thought of on my own. To all of you, thank you. In particular, I’d like to acknowledge LouieD, whose help has been invaluable, particularly with regard to the order of battle; RN7, who has contributed a huge amount of input, in particular to the Regional Guide; and DudeUK. This project did spend some time in hiatus from 2006 to 2008, and it would be fair to say that had DudeUK not posted a thread to the forum about the order of battle which caused me to dust everything off, it might well have stayed in hiatus. Both DudeUK and RN7 have also contributed text to various pieces.

So...I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed creating it. I may still tinker with it a little...I’m still not 100% happy with the Separatists piece and I have two pieces that I plan to start working on which I hope will eventually take the form of modules to accompany the guide – The Free City of Newcastle and Brummies of the Night (for those unfamiliar with the term, a brummie is someone from the City of Birmingham). But the main body of the work is now done and is presented here in its entirety. Your comments and feedback, are, as always, most welcome.

Dave Ross
Attached Images
File Type: pdf The Dutch.pdf (149.4 KB, 222 views)
File Type: pdf The Secret Intelligence Service.pdf (64.7 KB, 192 views)
File Type: pdf Contents.pdf (131.2 KB, 172 views)

Last edited by Rainbow Six; 07-20-2012 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Edited contents page