View Single Post
Old 03-03-2022, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaghauler View Post
Because RECOIL will kill your chances to hit. I'm already beginning to plan on how to integrate it into the system since Free League failed to do so. Recoil was V2 and V2.2's best idea in the automatic fire rules. It was just poorly executed.

Under real-world conditions where you have to ID potential threats, a typical soldier or police officer can fire ONE ROUND every half a second, timed electronically with my PACT timer. Target discrimination takes about one second. So in a typical CQB encounter, you will engage a target every 1.5 to 2 seconds IF you are traversing your weapon from target to target as you are looking for threats. This "detection time" goes up as the range increases. That is why Army marksmanship training on pop-up targets allows for...

- 6 seconds for a 75M target.
- 8 seconds for a 175m target.
- 10 seconds for a 300m target.

The detection time MUST be factored into the shooting time. You can assume that a MASTER Rifleman COULD engage these targets in half the time IF that person detects the target quickly enough.
I reckon the aim action covers this. You get a large penalty to hit unless you aim. Once you’ve aimed you don’t lose this bonus until the circumstances have changed (you reload, are suppressed, target significantly moves)