View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 01:36 AM
Volunteer Timeline Errata Coord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natehale1971 View Post
Also a reason for these kinds of supplies goes back to the fact that a team might just wake up during or right after TEOTWAWKI event, and need to do SOMETHING to help people.

But even if they don't need the 'Camp in a Box' for refugees... the equipment would still be definitely be put to good use that would go a long way into improving not only survivors lives where they get used, but improve project public relations ("hey, these guys are here to help.. and they've built a clinic/school in our town").
Nate,

I'm not trying to be a big meanie or anything, but on one hand the whole point was that teams would not be activated right after the war. Primarily because of concerns over radiation or disease, but as a side effect the immediate crisis would also be over.

On the other, it's an issue of what I keep trying to bring up: mission creep. The food requirement alone is astounding. 405 metric tons (27 container loads) of food alone just to keep 3,000 people alive for 3 months. It's a "zero-sum" game, where almost every kilo of refugee aid is taken at the direct expense of reconstruction.

Let others who are better equipped handle the refugees. If there is no one, then it's not likely something the Project can handle anyways except in a limited way. It's not a matter of what will be appreciated, it's that including sizable stocks of refugee aid literally hamstrings the Project.

As for the design of the supply base, hey, I'm going to use that for my game, for sure. a "camp in a box" will be useful as well for housing Project personnel and contractors.

Tony