View Single Post
Old 11-26-2020, 09:04 PM

I have looked at them in TW2K13 and made a rough list by combining Games Studio 93's work with both GURPS and a selection of Advantages/Disadvantages from TSR's TOP SECRET SI but it is FAR from a complete work.

I will tell you that from a "game balance" perspective, you MUST be very careful about what bonuses or penalties they give. My own preference since I use the DIFFICULTY SHIFT system (where you raise/lower the difficulty as a modifier) is to give them either a bonus/penalty from 1 to 3 OR now that I'm using it, allow the PC to roll will a BOON or BANE (this is basically the D&D5e ADVANTAGE/DISADVANTAGE mechanic being reskinned by Mongoose's Traveller v2).

As for acquiring them, I would have a player average ALL of their ATTRIBUTES, and if that average is 5 or less, I'd give them a free point to buy an Advantage with. Otherwise, to get an Advantage, they must either buy a Disadvantage and use the point (or points) gained from that Disadvantage to buy an Advantage OR you could allow the purchase of an Advantage with a Skill Point in certain lifepaths.

Last edited by swaghauler; 11-26-2020 at 09:18 PM. Reason: added a comment