View Single Post
Old 02-24-2021, 05:35 AM
This Sourcebook Kills Fascists

Thank you for the input, Southernap. While I probably will issue an update for errata in a few months if there is need, I do not plan to make large-scale revisions. I have other projects in the queue, both personal and paying, and after spending three years on this manuscript, it's past time for me to move on to other work.

With regards to the nuclear targets, one of my design objectives was to align as closely as possible with canon. That includes the nuclear target list in Howling Wilderness. In the case of the aerospace facilities, my thinking is that destruction via direct strikes was unnecessary given sufficient EMP.

I did stretch canon with the ADM deployment against the naval facilities, as well as the near-miss on Tacoma's waterfront. In both cases, though, as well as the partial survival of the regional aerospace industry, my intent was to generate partial destruction rather than total devastation. Partial destruction means a chance of partial recovery, which is a reason for Milgov to continue investing in Seattle. If the only value of the Pacific Northwest is food production, the 47th ID's focus should be east of the Cascades, not along the coast. As it is, Seattle and its industrial remnants are a resource sink for the Joint Chiefs, a tantalizing opportunity for recovery into which they will continue throwing coin. The struggle for that while dealing with multiple hostile factions will continue generating conflicts of the sort in which PCs can involve themselves. In other words - stories for us to tell.

ETA: Apologies; I neglected your point on island access in my focus on the broader "blow up Seattle" issue. That is excellent local color/detail, and I'll keep it in mind for a (brief) mention during the errata process if the layout can accommodate any more words there.

- C.

Author of The Pacific Northwest, coauthor of Tara Romaneasca, creator of several other free Twilight: 2000 and Twilight: 2013 resources, and curator of an intermittent gaming blog.

It rarely takes more than a page to recognize that you're in the presence of someone who can write, but it only takes a sentence to know you're dealing with someone who can't.
- Josh Olson

Last edited by Tegyrius; 02-24-2021 at 06:09 AM.