View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natehale1971 View Post
[I]
Me... I'm worried about the fact that Mustard Gas can be used in deeply compact and high population areas (NYC). Using it as an area denial area IS something I worry about, but not the kind of thing I'm thinking it would be used on. My fear for Chemical and Bio Weapons has always been aimed at their use to attack commuters in Subways.
I agree that people should be listened to. However, when it comes to what you describe, mustard gas from Libya isn't really a danger to US. They are more of a danger to populations in the Mediterranean and more likely Libya itself. I would be Israel, I wouldn't call that a good news. Can you imagine if HAMAS was to receive only part of these?

Then, understand me, I'm not saying that what you describe can't happen, I simply think that bringing these mustard gas to US is not worth it. It would be much easier to produce another gas locally or to steal chemicals from any industrial farm from the Midwest. Sarin attack in the Tokyo subway (1995) is a good exemple.

SAMs are an entirely different matter and you don't need to bring them to US at all to strike american/european aircrafts. In the worse scenario you can simply think of small sail ships being position near coastal airports (Nice, Porto, Madera being only three exemples of such airports) to do really serious damages. If you can launch enough attacks at about the same time, casualties could be very superior to that of 9/11.

In a scenario I wrote some years ago, the Twilight War starts in 2009 after "Hell Rising Day". During that event which takes place 8 years after 9/11, 30 civilian aircrafts are shot down with SAMs (including 11 in the USA). Final casualties is above 4000 and the terrorist teams used multiple strike on each aircrafts (from 3-5 missiles each time). In my scenario these missiles were smuggled out of Afghanistan and Iraq but why not Libya?

Damn we are again coming under close watch by the NSA.