View Single Post
Old 05-26-2020, 09:03 AM

I was worried the lower end might be hard to achieve, though I guess that does make a certain modicum of sense as you can't really call a dude in a hut in the woods a 'settlement'. I might tweak that more in the future to make those lower or odd tiers more accessible. The Code B though I need to tweak, I was using the basic technology code system as a base to work from. So while a settlement may not immediately be able to reach Code B in some areas they might be able to build up to a critical point.

As to low technology being such a hamper it was definitely meant to be. It also is why players bringing tech into a settlement is such a huge boon as it circumvents trying to scrape and scrounge slowly to get back to something better.

The Domain sizes likely DO need tweaking as they are actually straight out of the Encounters chart in the 4th ed. Book and I am unashamed to say I was lazy in bringing it over. However, I'll poke around and take a look at it. Its interesting you brought up interactions with other settlements as I haven't quite figured out how I want to do things like Treaties/War etc. Likely as they are allied under the same banner it confers some special options to both settlements. It also, would not be shocking a town devoted strongly to industry might run into that issue of feeding itself if it isn't consistently bringing trade in. Trade offs for specialization is a very real thing in the real world after all and with the devastation that is implied in setting it's not hard to imagine many places are just on this side of seeing a famine break out. Mind, as assets such as farms and factories get added in that will help bulk out the town and make it more a living breathing thing.

Comments are enabled by the way so if something really sticks out please let me know in the doc I'm always looking for feedback after all as this is something to help the community out and I hope people can tweak it to their own games as they see fit.